Monday, March 22, 2010

37 Weeks

  • I'm officially full term. Yay!!!
  • I'm not sick of being pregnant but I'm ready to give birth. I'm excited to meet SugarPlum and live motherhood.
  • Selfishly, I'm definitely ready for maternity leave. Finding something that fits for work on a daily basis is becoming a challenge. I've also developed "the mask of pregnancy" and can't wait to get rid of it, I can't wait to shed this weight, and have control over my bladder.
  • I must be going through some kind of hormonal change because my mood has plummeted. I'm incredibly quiet and irritable.
  • Danielle has been wonderful. I love her so much. She's been so nurturing and understanding that it's made these last few weeks easier.
  • This is the last week of lamaze. Thank god. I feel like it was a waste of money. I don't think we learned anything that amazing. I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm sure I could have gotten the same info from a book or a good DVD. No one is particularly close in our group so I can't even say that we may get a friend out of the deal. I'm just glad it will be over and we can get our Wednesday nights back to relax after work.

6 comments:

luckyduck said...

OOHHH! Irritablity is totally a sign of impending labor! I was so absolutely cranky the day before my twins were born. . . so I googled "other signs of labor" and crankiness was definitely one. It may just be a coincidence that one would be irritable that late in pregnancy, but it was sure sign for me!!

Can't wait to hear about your LO's arrival in few short weeks!
Jill

giggleblue said...

i'm sorry that the class pretty much sucked! i hope there are some useful tools taht will come out of it.

i agree, i would be more thankful for my opportunity to get rest!

it's almost over! i can't wait for the babe to arrive either!!

Anonymous said...

I was one moody bitch the days before having my loving children, even though both were induced! I think there comes a point when you just turn inward and don't want to be bothered with anything anymore.
I didn't do lamaze either, I didn't have anyone I'd call a support person, and didn't want to be bogged down with one more commitment. I'm glad you muddled through, at least you won't wonder if you missed out on anything spectacular.

anofferingoflove said...

the nursery looks great!! what a sweet space you've created for your little one! :)

Jess said...

I feel the same way!! and I quit going to the birthing classes after going about 3 times.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it! At the beginning you seemed light-years ahead of my (a WHOLE TTC cycle!) and now I feel like I'm right on your heels. I'll be thinking of you and sending you comfortable and easy birth vibes.