Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Shower #2

My co-workers threw a shower for me which was hosted by my coworker friend, Rachel. She did a great job and brought her cute little 4 year old boy with her. There was lots of great food, especially the cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory (lemon raspberry-yum). I got lots of cool gifts which is always nice. One of my favorite things about receiving gifts from both this shower and my other shower is that a lot of people didn't shop from my registry so there were lots of cool surprises. It's nice to know that people took time to think about something they thought we'd like. I know some people get really pissed off if their guests don't shop from their registry but I don't. Either way is fine with me. Who am I to be ungrateful? Anyway, I got another carrier which Danielle has already claimed, receiving blankets which we needed, Sophie the teething Giraffe which I hear is a hot item, a Pirates outfit (so Pittsburgh but I love it), toys, diapers in two different stages, wipes, clothes, a photo album, books, halosac, and a $50 gift card to Babies R Us. Our little guy is so lucky.

BTW- Danielle and I decided on godparents. Yay! I'm pretty happy about our decision. I can't wait to ask them. For us, we'd like our son's godparents to be support people, role models and aunt/uncle figures. We don't expect them to raise our child should we die. We just want them to be involved. Even though they are not in the same state as us, I think they'll do well with the role we're asking them. I'll reveal their identity once they accept. We decided we'll ask them once the baby is born.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some more nice things, not to mention cheesecake!!!

Jess said...

yay on the cheesecake! lol!!
most of my guest didn't get anything from my registry either. I loved the gifts though, especially the gift cards. ;)
Glad both of you had another great baby shower and picked your godparents. I still haven't picked mine since there is a lot of jealousy and there's going to be mad people. Which makes me so mad!

shea said...

you don't have much longer!!!..i know you are so excited. so glad you got such wonderful gifts at both your baby showers.

tireegal68 said...

yours is a great attitude to surprises at babyshowers! I am going to try to emulate you!
the cheesecake sounds amazing!!!!

Amir Chiko said...

:) it was nice ... have a great day
i will be happy if u visit my weblog too

see ya ;)
My blog :http://www.hendilife.blogspot.com/
or
http://www.hendilife.weblog.com/