Monday, May 26, 2008

Day at the dog park


I had the best weekend. It's making it very hard to go back to work tomorrow. I just want one more day. It felt really good to spend so much time with Danielle. She has been working a lot of overtime lately. On Saturday we went shopping and spent time dog sitting Cheeko. It seems like we have an unspoken custody arrangement with our neighbor where he spends the weekends with us and weekdays with his owner. On Sunday we took a friend's daughter and her dog, along with Cheeko to the dog park in Squirrel Hill. I didn't even know it existed. The park is absolutely beautiful and huge. This was my first time at a dog park. I loved how friendly everyone was, both humans and dogs. This was Cheeko's first time on a leash, going for a walk in a large open space and being around other dogs. He had a ball. Afterwards we went on a hike through the woods. Talk about a testament of love because Danielle hates being "one with nature." When we got home, both Cheeko and I were so worn out that we took a nap. Today we sent him back home because we have work tomorrow. We both miss him terribly. He just accomplished learning to climb down the stairs on his own. It's so cute.

On the baby making front, we are ordering our tank tomorrow. We will probably start poas on Thursday and then the craziness begins. I vowed, like the past two cycles, that I will stop temping after ovulation. I know I will do it this time around. There is nothing worse than having a fantastic looking chart, having it go triphasic, and then getting a bfn. It is just heartbreaking so no more!

3 comments:

giggleblue said...

you guys should get your own little doggie! mine is a bit bad at times, but i still love him.

Unknown said...

Throw the thermometer away NOW! :)

Lisa said...

I would love to get our own dog but the cat doesn't get along with him. When he comes over, the cat goes to Danielle's mom's house.