Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I tried to bring Lisa back...

Wow, venting does help sometimes. After my last blog entry, I felt much better. The next day, in my attempt to bring Lisa back, I pulled out a pair of my skinny heels and wore them to work. I felt hot, confident and fabulous all until 9:20am. I was walking to the copy machine with my "mentor", past the director of my department, when all of a sudden, I was about 3 inches shorter on one side. My freaken heel broke. There I was doing like a runway walk to the copy machine and all of a sudden, I kind of buckled. Guys, if you could have seen it, you would have rolled on the floor laughing in hysterics. I think my mentor tried to stifle her laughter because I'm new to the dept and she didn't want to make me feel bad but all I remember was her trying to find super glue. How does super glue help in a time like this? I had to make a quick escape walking on my tip toes to my desk to grab my car keys, down to the elevator and down to the parking garage. Let me remind you that walking on your tip toes, trying to look hot at the same time, when you darn well know that you look like a dork, is very very hard to pull off. Finally, I made it home to change in to some sandals with a chunky heel.

Anyway, we went for our day 3 bloodwork. Well it happened on day 4. We both had to have STD testing and I had my FSH and other stuff tested. Poor Danielle was poked 3 times before the nurse could get blood. I haven't received the results yet but hopefully will hear something by Friday. I have a telephone consult with my RE on Tuesday to discuss the PCOS and how it applies to me. I anticipate doing the IUI next Saturday/Sunday. I think I'll start getting excited about it next week.

While we were at the RE, the nurse had the 10 Pet Commandments posted on her wall. I read #4 to Danielle and the nurse said she was about to cry and literally looked like she was.

Dogs Ten Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years - any separation from you will be very painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment...You have your work, your friends, your entertainment...I HAVE ONLY YOU!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when you're speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hands but I choose NOT to bite YOU.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember that I love you.

2 comments:

giggleblue said...

awww, i love the pet commandments. and i hope your appointment results are fantastic!

i'm sure they will be. wow! iui next week? that would be awesome!

Catherine said...

I hope all goes well at your IUI. I think you are doing well bringing Lisa back. I admire you, I lost Catherine a long time ago.