Friday, July 4, 2008

If only....

If only I had these tests a year ago, I would have saved myself a lot of money, a lot of heartache, and a lot of tears. The results from my bloodwork showed that my LH and estrogen levels are good. However, the results from the u/s showed that I had several tiny follicles but no evidence of a mature follicle. This indicates that there is a possiblity that I did not ovulate this cycle or develop a mature ovary. Just to make sure this isn't the case, I have been scheduled to return for more bloodwork next Friday. They will measure my progesterone levels. If the reading is less than 5, it means I didn't ovulate at all. However, if it is more than 5, it means I did and we just need to do a better job of pinpointing exactly when I ovulated. When I was confirming the information with the nurse who called me back, she said that that the doctor also had a question mark next to PCOS Of course I did some research (i.e. googling) when I got home and quite honestly, I don't have any of the major symptoms which is a little reassuring but I am still scared. Women with PCOS tend to have a really difficult time getting pregnant.

Danielle brought up the idea of doing IVF with her eggs. I love the idea but seriously can we afford it? Um, probably not! But we will explore it after next Friday.

4 comments:

giggleblue said...

for the record, i don't think you have pcos because you would have had other signs of it.

i wonder if this is something that can be easily fixed by clomid or some other egg producing drug. i'm not sure if you were taking that already, but i was under the impression that you were doing things the all natural way.

while i hope it doesn't come to this, i am happy that dp offered up her eggs to you. i know that ivf is expensive and all that jazz too, but i hope it doesn't get to that point at all.

please don't have regret for what you did in the past - you did what you thought was right based upon the knowledge you had about yourself. we can't erase the past, but i'm sure you learned a lot about yourself, your dp and your relationship through it. if anything, i know it has made you a stronger unit.

Catherine said...

Lisa, I now how hard this is. I was there. My periods were a little irregular, I was annovulatory because my pituitary gland was suppressing FSH. I hope you get the answers you need. You can see my annovulatory body made a baby, and even started to ovulate on its own after birth.

Becky Le Cochon said...

sweety......having PCOS only means that it "may" take you a little longer to get pregnant....or not!
i mean i got pregnant on my first try with triplets!!!
with the addition of the trigger and meds...it is totally do able ok!

Becky Le Cochon said...

urghhh
I spent the holiday weekend in bed watching lifetime...Boy did those shows put idea into me head...
1. My baby is missing
2. Hush, you took my baby
3. When Andrew was returned...
I mean WTF!