Monday, July 14, 2008

Progesterone bloodwork

Eeek, I forgot to post last week about the bloodwork I had last week.

I am sooooooooooo confused! I had my progesterone bw done Friday morning (11th). The nurse called and said my level was 14 which indicates that I ovulated (yeah). She said that they must not have been able to pick up the follicle on the u/s and that happens sometimes. Interesting because FF hasn't given me crosshairs or recognized that I've ovulated but of course I'm trusting the bw over FF. Anyway, seems like we can IUI next cycle as planned. I asked her based upon my b/w today if that rules out PCOS and she said no. That I "I'm PCOS by u/s." I just don't get it. I thought PCOS meant you don't ovulate on your own (in addition to developing tiny cysts). Well I have to call on cd1 and then have bloodwork on cd 3. She said the doctor wants to talk to me so I am assuming that will happen on cd 3?

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I am confused too. Let, me know what the RE says on CD3. I am hoping they get you preggo quick!

giggleblue said...

that's really weird, because that's what i thought PCOS means. i would definately ask then why they are diagnosing you as such, when you ovulate on your own.

either there is more to the diagnosis or it's not right.

i'm sure you have done much research into it already, but please do advocate for yourself. some doctors feel like they are "beyond" explaining things to patients.

Unknown said...

You made me come out of lurkdom so that I could find out what was going on with you. I emailed you as well but I guess your busy with your new job.

Anywho, I hope the RE gives you nothing but good news on CD 3.

Becky Le Cochon said...

email me Lisa. you will find a link to my email on my profile.
I cant's reply to a comment