Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trying not to sweat the small stuff.

I truly need to let go of my control issues (sometimes). From what people are telling me, having an IUI is suppose to be less stressful, yet I am still struggling with the idea of timing. I'm just concerned that they are going to wait too late but then I keep on reminding myself that they are doctors. They've gotten hundreds of people pregnant. I've gotten zero! They went to school for this, whereas I went to school for social work. I need to let them do their job and I will do mine which is to poas until I get a smiley face. Sounds easy right? Right, but my control issues just keep on taking over. Aggrrr!

I have a gift certificate to a spa. Now sounds like a good time to make an appointment.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I always wondered that too. I am a total control freak, and had a hard time with others making decisons. But, think they have yars of speialized training and research. Just look at all their baby pictures (all re's seem to have a wall or book of babies) and know that they can make babies.

giggleblue said...

oh, i'm liking the new blog design!

sometimes we have to have a little faith in the abilities of others. i know that sucks (control freak myself), but sometimes us taking control is allowing ourselves to give up control.

twisted, i know...

GIsen said...

Lisa I like the new vibrant lime green background.Yes it's hard to let go of control of something so important.

You'll get there!

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my new blog design. I wanted something different but couldn't figure out how to change it so I asked Gia if she could help me and this is what she came up with. I absolutely love it. I love the colors and the pic. It's very me. Anyway, because she does such a good job with them, she is going to venture out and do them as an online service. I'm glad I got mine done before she becomes big!!!! Thanks Gia.

Eva said...

Go to the spa and relax. It's hard to give up control sometimes, especially during the TTC but I think that going to the spa and letting go over things could be a big help. In fact, I have a gift certificate to a spa as well. Maybe I'll use it too. I would love a good massage.

Anonymous said...

the funny thing is that ultimately, the doctors are human too so they may err as well.

your blog design is refreshing and so beautiful!