Monday, August 4, 2008

It only takes one

After thawing, our donor had a sample of 19 million. We were told by the nurse that it was a very good sample so we left feeling rather happy about it. Then after chatting with some of the women on BBC I found out that there have been known samples of 75-100 million with a higher motility so I definitely felt a little bummed. When I told Danielle she said I crushed her "hopes and dreams" being the little drama queen she can be sometimes. However, I was also told that some women have had samples as low as 5 million and still got preggo so I'll acquiesce to remembering that it only takes 1.

8 days and counting.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Lisa, Sperm is measured in different ways. I was upset because this go round I only had between 3-7 million. I was sure I had around 32-74 million when I got pg with Robbie. What I realized was that the RE give you different measurements. My old RE was giving me the measurement per ML. If you divide that by the amount that are mobile, and by the amount they actually inseminate (usually between .3-.5). The number is smaller. I noticed the clinic I ttc#2 did all the math for you, all division done. Now, the clinic I used to ttc#1 didn't when I did the math, I had between 4-9 million per insemination, it was around 6.5 mil when I got pg with Robbie. Find out what numbers they are giving you, some give you prewash numbers, some give you postwash numbers, some factor in motility some do not, some go by !ml and some go by acutal amount inseminated. Are you confused?

giggleblue said...

co-signing with catherine. keep your head up!

Unknown said...

Everything is going to work out Lisa.