Friday, August 8, 2008

A Vespa= going green?


They're cute, they're tiny, they scream me!!! I don't even know where I got the idea but a few weeks ago, I got the idea that I want a Vespa. They are so Euro and so eco-friendly. Well maybe that's a stretch but you get about 70mpg, which in essence means you are using less gas which is eco-friendly right? I could just see me vepsing (yes, I made that word up) around town, back and forth to work.

Ladies night out with the blog girls is driving me nuts!!! In fear of sounding like an addict, all week I've been wanting a glass of wine, a fruity slushy alcoholic beverage, or a glass of bailey's. I log on to read everyone's blogs and what does everyone have? Delicious looking Sex on the Beach, Daiquiris and shots on their blog pages. WHYYYYYYYY? Why must you all inadvertently taunt me? LOL! Only teasing, I love the idea of celebrating our ttc journey. Cheers to all! Tomorrow I'm suppose to go to Sandbar, which is an outdoor beach themed club for a friend's birthday. You know because its beach themed they are going to have beachy drinks. I'd love to indulge but on the other hand I kind of have to protect this costly investment potentially going on inside of me. So for now, I'll just have a virtual drink. Let me tell you, its NOT the same.

Speaking about the beach, I called my parents (they live in FL) to say hi and they tell me they won't be home for a few days, they are going to St. Kitts for a few days. MUST BE NICE!!!! But I guess this is what retirement is all about. I just wish they invited me.

On a ttc note.... Sometimes for s&g (shits and giggles) I temp in the evening just to get an idea of what may happen in the morning. Anyway, my temps are a little low so I'm curious about that. I'm kind of hoping for IB this weekend just to give me some hope but I know it doesn't always happen to women who end up being pregnant. I don't have any real or imaginary symptoms to report. Those don't usually kick in until the 1ww so stay posted.
I've moved the poas day to Wednesday (11dpo) or Thursday (12dpo). I only have 2 FRER and I don't want to buy any more.

5 comments:

Becky Le Cochon said...

hahahah silly the "c" word was Chemical as in Chemical pregnancy ...lmaooooo
I was just saying yesterday that I want to get Vespa

GIsen said...

Vespas or motocycles in general are great.Especially riding through the mountains or areas with wonderful views and very little traffic.When I lived in the Georgia mountains every weekend all the Harley folks from ATL would come up and rent a house on the lake and ride all weekend.

The wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth.One with nature and the natural elements.Makes a girl all sweaty.Hee!

My only fear is riding any bike in heavy traffic areas.People don't know how to damn drive!And there you are splat on someones windsheild:(

luckyduck said...

Vespas are cute. If you don't have a long commute you should totally get it. Would you ride it when you get pregnant? 'Cause if not, you should totally get it now. I am a big believer in Murphy's Law.

Cheers to you!
Jill

Catherine said...

Lisa, can you drive a Vespa pregnant? And where would the car seat go? Cause you will be pg very soon. I agree with Jill, get it now, that will tempt fate and make sure you are pg. I went to an adoption seminar the cycle I got pg and was ready to start the process. The session was 1 week into my 2ww. Hang in there your 2ww is half over. I have everything crossed that you are pg, and need a big bulk car with car seat!

giggleblue said...

loving the vespa!! and i say push the testing back as far as possible!

now go have yourself a cranberry and sprite!