Friday, August 22, 2008

Baby Names

Thank god it is the weekend. I am 100% exhausted, partly due to staying up watching the Olympics and partly due to my new work schedule. So I'm looking forward to relaxing and trying out some recipes from my new Thai cookbook. YUM!

Things between my SIL and I have worked out well. We had a talk and I really have a new understanding of what she has been going through. I am excited for the birth of my new niece/nephew in January 2009. They will find out the sex September 15th. I am really rooting for a boy. I know when they were pregnant last year, they were planning on naming the baby Winston James if it were a boy. I don't know what the baby names are now.

Danielle is dead set on naming our daughter Marissa. We haven't been able to come up with a middle name. All of the names I like, Danielle HATES but I get the choice in the middle name since she got to pick the first name. With the boy names we switched because I like Jaden (I like it spelled Jaiden but everyone tells me that spelling is for girls) anyway, and Danielle like Tyler so he will be Jaden Tyler. I will kill anyone who calls him JT. Danielle likes the name Darius but with my English accent, she hates the way I say it so that's out. That's okay because I am not really fond of it. However, I'm sure when the time comes and we are pouring over baby name books, things will change.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I am glad things are better with your SIL. I have an Ex-SIL who is like the sister I never had. As long as she is around I will always have family. Love the names, hope you can use them soon.

GIsen said...

Baby names are the last thing I have to worry about.I've been keeping a list since I was nine and adding to it all the time.I'll never have enough kids to use them all, boys or girls:)

giggleblue said...

i have been wondering if you have an english accent actually, so that's wonderful confirmation.

i must say i like the english names though, like ian and such. i'm surprised none of them are on your list.

we have some names, but i imagine we need to come up with more, since we need both a girl and a boy name since we aren't finding out the sex. weird stuff!

Lisa said...

My favorite English name for a male is Nigel.

luckyduck said...

My niece is Marissa Lynn. I think they go together nicely. Maybe anything one syllable, however.

I have a list of names since I was a little girl too. It changes all the time,however.

Nigel sounds very English. I like it!
Jill