Friday, October 17, 2008

1, 2.................3

I cannot tell you how many times Danielle and I counted to 3 before I worked up enough nerve to give myself the shot. We were literally at it for about 5 minutes. We tried it with me holding the pen, then her holding the pen and me dodging out the way when she came near me and then me holding the pen. Finally I worked up the nerve only because Danielle was getting ready to leave and I didn't want to do it without her. I needed her for moral support. However, the moral support went out the door when she laughed at me because I said "oh" as in "oh this is it?" when I stuck it in. It "burned" a little but that was it. With all of my fat, I hope the medicine finds its way to wherever it is suppose to go.

Well I'm off to go get some Indian food, come home and watch the Sex and the City Movie. I've gotten very little sleep these past few days and I'm exhausted. I had to move my u/s appointment up this morning because I couldn't get out of bed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it.

Becky Le Cochon said...

hahahah chicken!

Carrie and MJ said...

Before you know it - you'll be an old pro! You'll do it without even thinking about it!

Jess said...

I know how that is, When I was taking my Medical Assistant course, I had to give myself a shot and it took me forever to get up the nerve to do it. I was all shaky.
Glad you were finally able to do it!!