Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ultrasound #4

There is a sign in the changing room that instructs you NOT to ask the sonographer any questions during the ultrasound. It took everything in me to avoid asking her what she saw and promise I wouldn't tell the RE. I would have taken a cough, wink, fart, anything to let me know what was going on. But, like any other visit, I had to wait for "the call." I finally got a call around lunchtime telling me that I have "a nice follicle measuring 21mm." Wahooo!!!! Ironically, the follicle is on the left side. If you recall, my lead follicle measuring 11mm on Saturday was on my right side. My estrogen level is 535 so I was instructed to trigger at 11:15pm and return on Thursday for the IUI.

I'm generally not an anxious person but I think ttc has turned me into a neurotic nitwit. What's my concern now? Well I've had tons of ewcm and 2 +opk's (yesterday and this morning) and now I'm worried I'm going to ovulate before the IUI and the timing will be all off. I asked the RE nurse about the +opk and she told me to disregard them. My control issues are being really challenged. I have to remind myself that this is their business and I have to trust them.

Okay I'm off to trigger.

7 comments:

S. said...

you can't ask the sonographer questions!??! what the heck?? i guess that's easier on them, but still. . . i practically forced them to talk me through each step of the ultrasound!

sounds like you've got a nice big follie ready to go - good luck!!

ajs4ever said...

That sucks that you cannot ask them any questions! The sonographer was the one that always told me everything! Good luck! I hope this is your lucky cycle:)

Rachel said...

Hoping for the best! I think it's okay if you do the IUI shortly after you actually ovulate, since they are putting the swimmers all the way up in the uterus, they don't have to go so far, and they can meet the egg waiting for them!

Jess said...

Hopefully you wont ovulate before that. but I have seen alot of woman get pregnant with their IUI even after ovulation. Hoping for the best for you!!

giggleblue said...

i can't believe they have a sign like that!!! that's like being on pins! that totally sucks.

i'm happy the news turned out well though, and that your follie is growing. please try not to worry too much about the timing!

Carrie and MJ said...

OMG - we are TOTALY cycle buddies! I did my trigger on Tues night at 10:15 and our IUI is Thurs morning as well.

I can't belive you can't ask any questions - at my doc they turn the screen my way and let me look at everything going on. We talk through the whole thing too...

We'll be thinking of you in the morning!

Catherine said...

By know you are in the 2ww. I am routing for you!