Sunday, October 5, 2008

Politics- I just don't get it.

I know that politics is a taboo topic but I need some feedback to better understand the thought process behind these candidates. So like many of you, we watched the Vice Presidential debate on Thursday. I think the most ironic part for me was when Biden was so adament about his support of same sex rights but then even more adament about not supporting gay marriage. Of course Palin was in agreement. I just don't get it. I don't understand how you can support one but not the other. Is their decision religious based? If so, wouldn't their religion lead them to not support even the idea of same sex coupling, let alone give them rights? What are your thoughts? Also I don't quite clearly understand how people feel like that gay marriage will deconstruct the whole instituation of marriage. How would it affect it?

Just for fun and giggles, here's the SNL skit:

No comments: