Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Trying to find somewhere to go to over Memorial Day weekend is proving to be a lot tougher than expected. Danielle is agreeable to just getting out of town whereas I want to go somewhere hot, sunny and with a beach. Here's what we've looked at:
  • Camping with another couple (one of Danielle's coworker/friends)... could be fun but could also be disastrous. I'm not big into hanging out with coworkers. Danielle hates camping but was the one who suggested it. I've done it once and actually liked it. Would have to go buy camping gear and the idea of not having a hot shower isn't what I exactly had in mind.
  • Rehoboth Beach- could visit a friend who lives there. It's a 6.5 hour drive. Not sure how hot it will be and I think the water will still be cold. Could end up costing the same amount if we go somewhere that is definitely warm.
  • Atlantis. Nassau, Bahamas- A girl can dream.

  • A weekend cruise on Royal Caribbean- It leaves it on Friday at 5pm. I work that day and can't get it off. Now, that would have been fun. The two ports of call are two of my favorite.
  • Fort Lauderdale- no reason in particular for this location but there's a beach, shopping, and the ability for me to work on my tan (lol) and read in the sun on a sandy beach. Danielle is not sure she wants to spend that much for a few days in the sun.
  • Las Vegas- Danielle's favorite playground. We found some decent prices but it can end up being pricey. We both enjoy playing poker.
  • Los Angeles- Normally I would jump all over this idea. I would love to see my friend Erica, there are beaches, but it feels like there's way too much stuff to do in such a short weekend. The flight alone takes up a lot of time. Our original plan was to make this our summer vacation spot when we would have more time to sight see.
  • Staying home and doing nothing- sigh!

I'm open to suggestions. Think warm/hot, sunny, beachy, not too too expensive.

On a ttc note: If I recall from my college days of taking bcp's, af should arrive when I get to the white placebo pills. If that is the case, my day 3 u/s will be on Saturday. Fingers crossed that the cyst shrunk and I can move on with my last try. I just want to get it over and done with. Now that's the spirit eh? lol.

ETA: Just realized that af will start when the placebo pills end not start. So that means my day 3 u/s will be next Saturday.

5 comments:

Gayby Rabies said...

It definitely won't be warm enough to swim at Rehoboth Beach by Memorial Day, but if you can stay with a friend, it will meet the cheap criteria.

Oh, and I just checked out your mother's Etsy store- she's talented! If I weren't spending so much money TTC, I'd buy that lighthouse quilt for my grandfather- he loves that kind of thing.

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

How about New Orleans? Not exactly "beach-y", though you could drive to a beach, but it will be warmer and there's plenty of gambling to be had.

Or Austin? I haven't been, but everyone seems to love it there.

Miami? Or one of the cheaper options on the coasts?

Savannah? (I'm just trying to think warm)

Melissa said...

I agree with the vote for Austin! I live here and can tell you it's a great town. It's really hot right now though and not at all beachy.

Lots of luck with your cyst. I had a bunch and mine are all gone so yours HAS to be gone too :)

Anonymous said...

i vote for the weekend cruise!

ill keep fingers crossed for you on saturday!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could offer up some suggestions. I too want to be somewhere else other than here. I told you about that big festival in Miami that weekend. We can stay with Kenya's cousin but the plane tickets are ridiculous(((sigh))).

Anway, I hope you come up with something other than staying home.