Friday, May 22, 2009

Rocco's

Ahhhh, Rocco's.... the best bakery ever. Just the other day I was just trying to entice giggleblue to take her family there when they move back to NYC in two weeks. So it got me thinking about them again. Rocco's is this delightful Italian bakery that serves cookies, bread, cakes, cannolis, gelato, and other delectable goodies. We discovered them one summer night after hours of dancing at a nearby club (ah the joys of being young). The smell alone is heaven and we can't even think about going to NYC without stopping there to pick up lots of tasty treats. My favorite is their hand piped cannoli. I would die for one right now. So imagine my surprise when I found out that they now have a website and deliver. I quickly called them this morning full of hope and anticipation only to have my heart broken when they told me that they can't ship cannoli's but they can ship cookies and breads. WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Why did they have to ruin all my hopes and dreams? I think a weekend trip to NYC to visit friends (the excuse) is in order.

1 comment:

giggleblue said...

you should totally visit! but, not until we get there, cause i want to meet you! we are flying out on june 3rd and will be there, you know, until.

you've been raving about this place twice already, so i know i need to make a point to go. it's on the list.