Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Try #15

My cycle so far has gone a little like this:

Gonal-F: I increased it on my own from 112.5 to 150. In the end it helped me produce more follies by day 8 u/s. By my day 10 u/s I had one lead follie and three smaller follies that had the potential to grow before my scheduled IUI. While I used the pen the first three days, I introduced my body to the vial and syringe form. Those needles are definitely fatter and took more of an effort to pierce my skin. People, stick with the pen (no pun intended). I also noticed that I had some random headaches during this cycle which isn't typical. Even while taking clomid for 3 cycles, I only got one headache throughout the entire process.

HCG: I triggered last night and I had a MAJOR reaction to the ovidrel this time around. Within 5 minutes of taking it my head felt heavy and foggy, I noticed some shortness of breath and I had an instant headache, make that migraine that lasted into this afternoon. The pressure in my head was pretty scary as all sorts of things ran through my mind. I consulted with two of my fellow blogger/friends who both had their IUI's 24 hours after the trigger. My clinic does their 36 hours after. Does anyone elses?

Acupuncture: I met with Sydnie today who was an absolute doll. She is "family" which I kinda suspected when I met her last year. She told me that she and her partner (both romantic and business) just welcomed their daughter into the world last month. The thing I liked about Sydnie was that she just "got it." She was reviewed my chart (I went in twice last year) and just asked how ttc had been going since then. I told her that this was my last try that I've moved on to injectibles, etc. She was able to verbalize how emotional and difficult ttc can be without me even saying it. It felt nice to be understood by someone IRL. I love acupuncture and if I had the money I would do it more often. I felt completely relaxed after today's session. I go back on Thursday for a "tweak."

IUI: I'll post about this tomorrow after it's done.

Emotions: My emotions just kinda vary at this moment. Overall, I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I'm giving it all can (acupuncture, spinach and pineapples as recommended by Sydnie, and lots of water) because I have nothing to lose but I'm so use to the same results that I will be truly and utterly shocked if I get a bfp. I want it so bad but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because... well you know how that goes.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I go in for my IUI on Thursday so we can go through this TWW together!!

2momswithaplan said...

Fingers crossed for you! Think positive!

Jen said...

My doctor also does the IUI 36 hours after the trigger shot.

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

My place does 36-42 hours. The mean is supposed to be something like 40 hours. 36 sounds like a nice average. That way, if you O earlier (24 hours), the egg is still viable by the time you do IUI, and if you O later (40 hours or more), the sperm will still be viable by the time the egg gets there. GL - hope this is the one.

giggleblue said...

sending warm thoughts for your iui! i'm sorry the meds have had such side effects. fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

whoa, sorry to read about the bad reaction to the ovidrel. my RE does 36 hours post trigger too.

i am wishing you buckets and buckets luck on this final try.

Anonymous said...

So hoping for a BFP for you! Sending all positive thoughts your way.

Jess said...

Sorry about the bad reaction to the HCG shot. My RE's office does 36 hours after HCG shot, but Last cycle I had to have it done 24 hours after and BFN. I felt ovulation pain 35 hours after HCG shot that cycle. There is a higher pregnancy rate with IUIs between 36-42 hours after HCG shot.

Good Luck!! :)

tireegal68 said...

wow - great update. so glad about your positive accu experience.
I am sending you container ship loads of baby magic and fat follie hopes.
thinking of you:)