Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My week so far

It's a girl: It was a very hard decision but I think we are going to choose the girl puppy. Tonight we went over to Donna's house (Danielle's mom) to play with them. The girl is very feisty and playful. The boy is so adorable and very laid back, which I like but given the feedback, advice, size, match for the cat, etc I think the girl will be a better fit. We still have a few weeks to make a final decision but I think it's going to be the girl.

CD 2: Danielle has officially started her River Cycle. In Texas Hold 'Em, you are dealt two cards. The first three cards on the table is called the flop, the fourth card is the turn, and the fifth card is the river. You use your two cards plus three of the cards on the table to come up with the best hand. A devastating moment in a hand is when you feel like you have the best hand but the river (last card) comes and it gives someone else the best hand. This is known as "getting rivered." So as previously mentioned, Danielle has likened my last try to a poker hand (KJ suited) and right now we feel like I have the best hand (acupuncture, fate, the luck of the draw, good sperm count, good response to the meds, timing, etc). However, as we know, we can have a perfect cycle and then it can be a bust. So if I get rivered (like the last 14 times) by life, this will be Danielle's cycle. Long explanation, I know and if you are curious as to why Danielle has likened my last cycle to poker it's because she loves poker. We will only have a few days between finding out the fate of my cycle and possibly insemming her. It kinda feels nice not having to wait two more weeks before trying again even if it is with her.

Etsy: My mom made her first Etsy sale. She is totally thrilled and I'm happy for her. Trying to maintain that site has become a second job for me. Thanks everyone who went over to view it.

The girls: We are going to visit my nieces this weekend. Logan (age 4) is one of my favorite people. She's incredibly affectionate and just says some pretty funny things at times. Last weekend Danielle and I had fun buying the girls clothes at the Carter Store (love that shop). I've also gone a little mad with summer toys: Frisbee, jump rope, 3D chalk, bubbles, and lacross sticks (only because my brother played in college). I'm hoping to get a good game of hopscotch in. Honestly, I don't even remember how to play it. Google it, I suppose unless anyone else knows.

Oh and me: I'm 7dpo today. No signs or symptoms of anything. Just biding time. I was going to test over the weekend but Danielle suggested we wait and now that we are visiting the girls, it will be a great distraction.

Well peeps, I hope this short work work is serving you well. I know I can't wait for Friday.

7 comments:

tireegal68 said...

lots of good stuff going on for you gals!
I love hanging with my nieces - and have done this since they were really little ( they are now 15 and 17 ) - it's so fun to do girly things and games and outdoor stuff!
Hang on - the weekend's coming!

2momswithaplan said...

Don't test yet! Its way too soon!! It sounds like you ladies have a lot going on. I can't wait to see pictures of that little girl or boy puppy! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family!! I agree about not testing this weekend either. Hold out for a little bit longer. Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

yea! i was rooting for the girl puppy!! :D have you decided on a name?

i have everything crossed for you in this last hail-mary cycle. sending good vibes your way.

Gayby Rabies said...

She's a cute one. Have you picked a name yet?
Have fun with your nieces this weekend, it sounds like you've gotten a lot of great toys for them / distractions for yourselves.

Jess said...

Congrats on the puppy! do you have a name for her yet? :)
I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your nieces.

2girlsandtheirfamily said...

Congrats on the puppy - how fun!! Have you guys thought of a name yet?